July 15, 2014
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW WE USE IT
We may on occasion ask you for certain kinds of personal information to provide the services you request. This information includes:
1. Shopping - Through this website, you will be able to purchase IsleField products. We will ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the IsleField email list, we may use your contact information to communicate with you about our products, events, services and promotions.
2. Email List - When you sign up to IsleField, you will be given the option to be added to the IsleField email list. You will be sent and email asking if you would like to subscribe to the list. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time. To be removed from our email list, please email us at email@example.com and include your name and the address in the message, or click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails we send you.
3. Purchases - When you place an order, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. IsleField does not store your credit card information.
4. Customer Service - If you call our Customer Service center, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and if you choose to make a purchase, your credit card information. We use this information to assist you and to process your transaction.
5. Electronic Mailings - You may be able to sign up on this site to receive promotional emails from IsleField. To sign up we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, gender, age, and email preferences. You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive e-mail from IsleField you may click on the unsubscribe link sent when you selected to join the mailing list. Please allow us ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
6. Email to a Friend - You may be able to share certain content from this website with your friends. In order to do so, we may ask for information such as your and/or your friend’s name, email address, zip code and telephone number. We will not include any other advertisements within the message sent your friends.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about how you browse our website.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more customized service. They enable us:
1. To estimate usage numbers and patterns
2. To store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
3. To speed up your searches.
4. To recognize you when you return to our website.
We may also use "pixel tags" (sometimes called “Internet tags”, "web beacons" or "clear GIFS"), which are tiny graphic images, on our website. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers' online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
Pixel tags on our website may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the site. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
PERSONAL INFORMATION USE
The information we collect from our customers is used for various purposes, including:
1. Process transactions upon their request
2. Improve our stores, website, customers shopping experience and quality of service
3. Send communications about our products, services and promotions
4. Prevent and detect fraud and abuse
5. Process information or claims in connection with incidents at our stores
6. Comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures and for internal administrative and analytics purposes.
7. Enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf
OTHERS WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing e-mails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide us data storage and analysis; (e) provide fraud prevention; (f) provide customer service by phone and (g) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements.
Links to other sites:
While visiting our website, you may link to sites operated by our business partners (mailchimp, facebook, twitter, pinterest, etsy) or other third parties. This does not mean that we endorse these sites. We do not make any representations or warranties about any website you may access through the IsleField website. They are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information or activities.
We may provide access to information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors of this website or the public.
IsleField goes to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail. Our customer service center and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note, however, that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use every reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties. We will, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
“SPOOFING” AND “PHISHING”
A common Internet scam is known as “spoofing” or “phishing.” This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that IsleField will NEVER send you an email requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other personal information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud.
Our website is not meant for children, and we do not collect any personally information from children under the age of thirteen. We will remove from our files any personally identifiable information of anyone we discover to be under thirteen years old. Our online contests or sweepstakes are restricted to entrants who are at least 18 years old.